Saturday 26 March 2011

Spring Fling

Dear Lovelies,


Yesterday, my school had it's second annual All-School Freshman formal. Strange as it is, 9th grade is still considered JUNIOR HIGH! Believe me, I would be over at the high school in a flash if it were up to me. :) Anyways, because of this, the schools decided this would be a good way to define the freshman class and of course, give us a chance to dress up.


As soon as the dance was announced, I was on a full mission to find the perfect outfit, including the shoes, makeup, jewelry, and most importantly, the DRESS! I hit old Teen Vogue and Vogue issues, but nothing really struck me as that one "Perfect Look". Frustrated, I continued to search. Finally, I found it. I hit my inspiration epiphany while cruising around Sephora and I came across a bottle of Michael Kors "Very Hollywood" perfume. Phrases on the back of the bottle, like "Sparkle", "Glamourous", and "Iconic" gave me the inspiration to encompass my look around the idea of Old Hollywood. (The ad for the perfume especially caught my attention for the look).


After I had mapped out my idea, I began to pull together pieces of the outfit. Since I had much luck with Modcloth last dance, I searched again and found a shimmery cotton candy colored sheath dress with alternating fabric layers. This was perfect. Next, I pieced together shoes. This was definitely more of a challenge, given that I had no time to go out and shop, and had to order online instead (Thank you express shipping!!) After much searching, I struck gold with a pair of Calvin Klein heels with a chiffon flower back. To my luck, it matched the dress perfectly. I finished the look off with a necklace my mom gave me, and a smokey brown eye with hints of gold and burgundy. 


Below are a couple of photos we took beforehand. I ended up having a great time, and can't wait until the next dance just for 2014....PROM! :)




Friends and I! (:






XOXO,


Em

No comments:

Post a Comment