Wednesday 3 October 2012

School

Lovelies,





RUTH!


I was in my AP Art History Class when Ruth (a dedicated follower ;) ) suggested that I post a picture of my outfit. To be honest, I can't remember the last time I blogged about school attire... I feel like walking around and asking fellow classmates to 'take my picture!' every day would seem entirely narcissistic. Plus, our campus doesn't exactly serve as a gorgeous backdrop for photos. Stained concrete? Totally classy. However, I'm really glad I took these photos (Photo credits to Natalia), mainly because it's an excellent example of what I wear on a normal day of high school. 

Personally, I don't necessarily consider my 'school style' different from my regular style. I find that the better I dress, the more confident I feel and the more I can actually focus in class. (If you've wondered why you never see me in a sweatshirt around campus, there's your answer!) The rainy season is significantly easier for me to create outfits as opposed to the summertime, simply because layering jackets, scarves, heavier pants and boots creates interesting outfits rather quickly.

On a side note, I struck pure gold in the backpack department this fall! I had read about the Herschel company in years prior, but never considered purchasing one of their backpacks. When I saw that Madewell was collaborating to create a collection of limited edition packs, however, I knew it was time to test one out. I have been SO happy with it, and still continue to receive compliments on a daily basis. It's smart, functional and stylish. What more could a girl want? :) 

XOXO,

Em

Shirt- Juicy Couture
Skirt- Forever 21
Necklace- J. Crew
Shoes- Marc by Marc Jacobs
 Backpack- Herschel

No comments:

Post a Comment