Friday 23 August 2013

Bucket List Item #16


 Lovelies,











 When I was ten years old, I wanted to be an architect. In part, I was inspired by the documentary on Frank Gehry, a quirky Canadian architect whose use of metal and glass turned the industry on its head. In the documentary, a few of his major works are highlighted, The Guggenheim Museum in Bilbao being one of them. After waiting for years, I finally got to visit! I tried to take photos of the most interesting structural aspects of the building, including the varying angles of the sheet metal, as well as the glass panels in the interior.

The museum hosted several temporary exhibitions while we visited, one being the Riotous Baroque exhibition. This installation presented questionably- themed modern day pieces alongside Baroque-era pieces to emphasize the shock value of the Baroque pieces when they were originally released. This was unlike any other exhibition I had ever visited; the way the curator designed the layout of the floor was fascinating.

While visiting art museums, I like to look as artsy as possible. I attempted to do so by combining the colorful striped scarf with a basic striped shirt. I think it provides some great contrast and color to the monochromatic blue base (jeans and blazer). I finished the look with brand new Converse (there's something about the fresh, white rubber accents that makes me feel so pulled together), and my J. Crew schoolboy blazer.  

XOXO,

Em

Notes on the Outfit-
- J. Crew Schoolboy Blazer in Navy 
- Madewell Striped Shirt
- Michel LeBrun Scarf (I purchased this at a small boutique in my town. The designer is based in Paris and makes incredible scarfs! You can shop for some of them here. The site is in progress, but it should be back up soon).
- Abercrombie Jeans
- Longchamp 'Le Pliage' Tote
- Converse
- Dogeared Necklace

No comments:

Post a Comment