Wednesday 11 September 2013

paris is always a good idea.

Lovelies,






Nowhere is more magical than Paris. 

Although I visited Paris in November of 2009, I felt great sense of confidence and excitement entering Paris for a second time. Equipped with four additional years of french floating around in my mind, as well as a year's worth of knowledge from an AP Art History course, I couldn't wait to explore and immerse myself in the culture.

I split my time between exploring the city with Marie, and visiting museums with my parents. During my time with Marie, we communicated in a mix of French and English (occasionally Franglish). Without question, I saw a huge improvement in my communication and listening skills; I even picked up on some trendy french slang! 

Because I spent 10 days in Paris, I was fortunate to see a great a lot of the city. Some of my favorite places included Place de la Vosges (a lively spot for local Parisians), L'île Saint Louis (the smaller and more quaint of the two islands located in the Seine), Rue du Faubourg Sain Honoré (one of the very fashionable streets lined with ateliers and haute couture) and Musée Marmotton (a gem of a museum that holds a great deal of Monet's works). Other favorite memories include trips on the Metro, tea service at Laduree and relaxing in gardens near Notre Dame. 

These photos were taken outside of Le Musée D'Orsay, my favorite museum. I actually visited twice; once with Marie, and once with my mom. On both occasions, I served as their personal tour guide. I really love art, so elaborating on the symbolism of Millet's The Wheat Gatherers or Van Gogh's Portrait of Dr. Gatchet was a lot of fun.

Not surprisingly, I planned out this outfit months before I left for Paris. The combination of a light silk summer dress and a colorful denim jacket turned out just right; I felt comfortable yet stylish while exploring the city on a humid summer day.

xoxo,

emily

notes on the outfit:
madewell dress, jacket and sandals
j. crew bracelet
dooney and bourke bag


No comments:

Post a Comment