Thursday 7 July 2011

Summer Essentials

Lovelies,

Summer is the perfect time to head out to the beach, the pool or even to your bathub to cool off. Below are some products I've been in love with all month. They're fun to use and make summer even better.






1) Fekkai Marine Summer Hair- If this didn't exist, I'd probably stay inside all summer with a paper bag over my head. The spray really works fantasically to counteract frizz while smelling awesome (coconut). I've used the bottle every day for the past two months and have only used about half of it. It's a great buy!

2) Lancome Juicy Tubes in Moulin Rose- I've actually disliked Juicy Tubes for a really long time. I thought they were sticky and really gross to wear, especially during the summer. However, this tube totally surprised me. It feels a lot less sticky, has a great shine, and smells like rose. (I'm definitely a sucker for things that smell good.)

3) Dolce and Gabbana's Light Blue- I got this for Christmas a few years ago, and used it sporatically. This summer, I brought it out again and wear it almost every day. A few notes in the perfume include apple, citrus, bamboo, and cedarwood. It smells unique, and it's definitely a fresh summer scent.

4) Petit Canard Soap from Fragonard- This soap is the best for two reasons. For one, it's made by Fragonard, who makes wonderful soaps that lather really well. Also, it's shaped like a duck, with a painted face and beak (When I went to Provence last summer, I got to see women paint the faces on the ducks. The fact that they're not painted by a machine makes it even more adorable.)

5) La Roche-Posay Anthelios Sunscreen, SPF 60- This sunscreen is literally the best sunscreen I've ever used. I use it on my face only, since the bottle isn't gigantic. It has a matte but silky finish that feels virtually weightless. It also keeps makeup in place really nicely, unlike other sunscreens I've tried.

6) M.A.C. Limited Edition Summer Collection '10 Eyeshadow in Firecracker- I love this eyeshadow because of the pop of color it delivers every single time I wear it. The color transfers really well from the pot to the lid, and stays on as well. Plus, it gives you a wonderful beachy glow. (If you really want this product, check places like eBay. Usually you can find limited edition items from M.A.C. on the site pretty easily.)

7) Paula Dorf Blush in Angel- This blush is so perfect for summer because it gives me a very subtle yet healthy glow to my skin. For some reason, I've had a lot of problems finding the right blush that doesn't make me look like a clown. This blush is definitely my answer to that problem.

Hope you guys are having a fabulous summer! :)

Em

No comments:

Post a Comment