Friday 18 January 2013

Just Peachy

Lovelies,







 



As of January 18th, 2013... I'm officially a Teen Vogue Fashion Click Blogger! I'm so honored and excited to have the opportunity to share my style with thousands of people across the country on Teen Vogue's website. To follow my posts and see what other bloggers are posting, click here.

If you're wondering why I look completely different from my last post, you're not the only one to notice. I got a haircut over winter break, as well as a new pair of glasses!! I guess you could say I got tired of mistaking strangers for friends (this happened several times...I hate being nearsighted), and throwing my hair up in a bun due to the unmanageable waves. While I wanted my haircut to resemble Karlie Kloss' latest tousled, shorter cut (photographed by Demarchelier), I wanted it to be relatively easy to manage. Meanwhile, I took inspiration from the variety of J. Crew models who sport wider, larger frames in the majority of their ads and look-books. I'm more than thrilled with how the two came together. I feel like a completely different person, in a good way. ;)

I received Classy as a Christmas present a few weeks ago. Although I had already read through the entire book at the bookstore (yes, it's that addicting), I simply had to own a copy myself. The book highlights the differences between a lady and a tramp, and how to act like a lady while traveling, decorating your house, hosting a dinner party and going to the gym. If you have the desire to reboot your image, I highly recommend this book. Ladylike behavior is clearly defined to avoid confusion for those who blur the lines between trashy and classy. I find this book to be so funny that I find myself dying of laughter while reading. Read this book; you will learn something, I promise. (Who knew sending out party invitations was classified as an art form?)

Notes on the outfit-

Glasses- Versace
Dress- Darling (via ASOS)
Cardigan- J. Crew Collection
Necklace- Dogeared's "Accomplish Magnificent Things"
Shoes- Sam Edelman 


XOXO,

Em



No comments:

Post a Comment