Saturday 26 January 2013

Saturdays

Lovelies,







 






I wish I could describe how truly uncomfortable it is to shoot a blog post in a bustling college town on a Saturday afternoon. If I could compare it to something equally mortifying, it would sort of feel like running around New York City in a giant ostrich costume. (Even though I haven't done this, I can imagine that it's probably pretty uncomfortable). Regardless of my discomfort, I asked my mom to grab her camera while we were getting coffee at Mishka's café and photograph this look. I might have gotten some crazy looks and inquisitive stares, but I'm so happy the way the photos turned out! :)

Although some may say that Davis is a boring town, I completely disagree. Although it's easy to feel trapped by the small town feel, there's still plenty to do downtown. For example, you can go see a indie film at the Varsity (past favorites include Silver Linings Playbook and The Artist), followed by a stop at Mishka's for chai and bready croissants. If you're into shops off the beaten path, you can visit Newsbeat for French Vogue and Choward's Violet gum. If you need to shop, you can rely off of Riki for suede black pumps and trendy french bags. Then, there's Zia's... my favourite sandwich shop and Italian deli on the planet (I especially love their rosemary panini).

 It's safe to say that there's never a reason to be bored Downtown. ;)

Lately, I've been incorporating a lot of color into my day-to-day outfits. At first, I was afraid color-blocking would look childish, but it has steadily grown on me. I especially love my lemon yellow jacket from J. Crew. With it's bright color and gold button accents, it has to be one of my favorite pieces in my closet.

Notes on the outfit-

J. Crew Jacket
Madewell Sweater
J. Crew Bracelet
Abercrombie and Fitch Jeans
Longchamp Bag
J. Crew Jelly Flats
Versace Glasses

XOXO,

Em




No comments:

Post a Comment