Sunday 7 July 2013

Summer Favorites

Lovelies,






Below are my six favorite summer items:

1. Smith's Minted Rose Lip Balm- As a high school student, I am constantly looking for products that are long-lasting, fuss-free and fun. For months, I have been impressed with this balm's ability to keep my lips chap-free, while serving as a lightweight gloss. The formula of petroleum jelly and rose extract is simple, but works wonders (especially in the winter months). During the summer, I have found that it serves as an excellent on-the-go product. The balm can be used on hands as well. Available at Sephora and Anthropologie, $6.

2. Madewell Friendship Bracelets- These past few months, I have traded my J. Crew costume jewelry for more delicate, wearable pieces. These two bracelets are staples in my wardrobe; I wear them quite frequently, and they go with pretty much everything. Although they are friendship bracelets, aspects such as the gold accents and fun colors classify them as a subtle statement piece, especially if layered. Available at Madewell, $10 each.

3. Moroccon Oil Curl Control Mousse- It is no secret that I have hair that simply can't be tamed. I had never tried a curl mousse before this product, and have been impressed with the results. (You could say it has become a little easier to style my hair). The solution shapes curls while fighting frizz simultaneously. Even for someone with tame hair, this product does provide those "beach waves" that many girls wish to accomplish. Available at Ulta and Moroccan Oil's website, $29.

4. Anthropologie Stretchy Headbands- I recently dubbed these my "hipster headbands". These vibrant elastics are fun accent pieces, and come in varying patterns, colors and textures. Most importantly, they make it a little more enjoyable to wear one's hair in a bun. Available at Anthropologie, $15.

5. Zoya Nail Polish in Maya- I love to wear pinks in the summer, especially on my nails. Zoya polishes are always the best to use, as they are toluene, formaldehyde, DBP and camphor free. Fewer chemicals, happier nails. Available at most nail salons, $7.

6. Almay Skin Balancing Pressed Powder- Although I tried loose powder for a while, I was constantly frustrated with the amount of unused product that seemed to end up all over my bathroom floor (so much anger in the mornings). A pressed powder with balancing components was a wonderful solution. I especially like the design on the powder; very artsy. Available at CVS, $11.

Em

No comments:

Post a Comment