Thursday 4 July 2013

The City of Brotherly Love

Lovelies,









Without question, this outfit is one of my favorites for the summer. Lately, I've had fun combining different textures to create a multi-dimensional look. I especially love the chiffon skirt, as it is both youthful and gives the outfit added movement. The leather accents add an earthy and polished touch.

These pictures were taken at Logan Square in Philadelphia, near our hotel. Since it was my first time visiting the city, my mom and I decided to explore several "districts", including Rittenhouse Square and Museum Parkway. I loved Philadelphia's unique charm and historic nature. 

Rittenhouse Square, which gives a nod to Manhattan's Upper East Side, houses trendy boutiques and restaurants, both of which surround a green and luscious park with fountains and walking paths. I was especially impressed with The Dandelion (a trendy and innovative gastropub with an entire room dedicated to man's best friend, lovingly nicknamed the Dog Room), as well as the four story Anthropologie situated in the historic Drexel house.

Museum Parkway is home to many of the city's premier museums, including The Philadelphia Museum of Art, The Barnes Foundation and The Rodin Museum. I spent nearly an entire day in the Museum of Art, exploring the fantastic Impressionist collection as well as the extensive number of european and asian artifacts. My favorite piece in the museum was a panel of stained glass taken from Saint Chapelle in Paris. 

Happy Fourth of July! I hope everyone is enjoying their holiday,

Em

Notes on the outfit-
- J. Crew Baseball Tee
- American Apparel Chiffon Skirt 
- Madewell Shoes and Ring
- Longchamp Long Handle 'Le Pliage' Tote

No comments:

Post a Comment