Tuesday 20 November 2012

Ladylike

Lovelies,



Forever 21 Dress, J. Crew necklace, Boutique 9 heels, Umbrella from the Mark Hotel in NYC.

I was out shopping with my friend Rachel today and spotted this dress in Forever 21. After some contemplation, it ended up coming home with me in a bright yellow shopping bag. After bringing it home, I realized how classy and elegant the line of the dress looks, especially the chest area. The sleeves are my absolute favorite, as it reminds me of Alice's dress (from Alice in Wonderland) and a pink dress that appeared on the Louis Vuitton runway several years ago. The rayon fabric is pleasantly hefty as well. Overall- good buy. ;)

As you can tell by the photos, winter has practically hit California in a matter of days. Personally, I'm a huge fan of the winter season... partly due to the fact that I have a HUGE obsession with pullover sweaters. Therefore, you can say that I heavily invested in the quite popular collar+pullover trend. >:) If you're looking for an excellent selection of pullover sweaters, I would suggest Madewell and American Apparel. In the past couple weeks, AA has significantly grown on me.... I especially like their chiffon pieces, like their camisoles and skirts. If you're still not satisfied with their selection of sweaters (kind of impossible), try Mango. Although quite popular and common in most of the Euro nations, teens from the US have yet to pick up on the brand. I'm also really into the colour of oxblood right now (don't call me crazy, it's an actual colour!), as well as studding and velvet. Unfortunately, studs aren't necessarily my 'style', but I've managed to incorporate a bit of studding into my wardrobe (Thank you, Zara).

On a side note, if you haven't watched the Spring/Summer RTW/Cruise Chanel show yet, PLEASE DO SO. I need to discuss Karl's reinvention of the hula hoop with someone as soon as possible. ;)

XOXO,

Em

No comments:

Post a Comment