Thursday 14 March 2013

The Armory Show

Lovelies,









I was fortunate enough to be in New York City this past weekend to attend the Armory Show. For those of you not familiar with the show, the once-a-year display highlights various artwork from small galleries located across the globe. (A few notable galleries present include the Gagosian Gallery and the Lisson Gallery).  This year's show featured thousands of works, hundreds of which varied in their mediums. I specifically enjoyed the use of film, lighting and recycled material to enhance the gallery experience. I photographed some of my favorite works, which you will find above. It was clear that an exorbitant amount of care was placed in the design of each gallery space (Some of the galleries even had printed wallpaper illustrated by a specific artist!)

Most importantly, the Armory Show cleverly placed several "refreshment stands" along the hallways. I luckily had enough control to stick with one dessert offered at the stands. After sampling a red velvet flavored baked doughnut, I will never be able to eat another doughnut again. Too delicious.

More NYC Posts coming soon!

XOXO,

Em

P.S. I will be hosting a Teen Vogue Girls' Night In 10th Anniversary Celebration tomorrow evening. A new post will follow soon! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment