Tuesday 5 March 2013

West Coast Blues

Lovelies,



Today, I had the wonderful opportunity to visit the deYoung Museum with my AP Art History class.  The exhibition, which featured a series of 'Dutch Master' favorites from the Maurithuis, specifically highlighted the famous work Girl with a Pearl Earring by Vermeer. Not surprisingly, the piece quickly caught my attention and was easily one of my favorite pieces in the exhibition. Vermeer's use of lighting is certainly prevalent in the piece, as well as the fluidity of his brushstroke and lack of definite line.

Although I had spent time in the museum prior to the trip, it was nice to be able to discuss the art with my peers...as well as eat Caramel Mystique in the café, and marvel at the giant safety pin sculpture next to the Japanese Tea Gardens at Golden Gate Park. ;) These photos, taken by the lovely Rachel, were snapped at the fountains in front of the deYoung Museum. In a way, the small gardens remind me of the Tuileries in Paris. I think the similarity must be affiliated with the green-iron and wooden benches located in the park, but I can't be certain. :)

I especially love piecing together outfits designed for city life and city adventures, simply because I feel the most inspired when it comes time to put the final look together. Currently, I'm really interested in pops of color, high buns and denim-on-denim. Obviously, these are all reflected in the outfit. ;)

XOXO,

Em


P.S. I was en route to San Francisco this morning when I decided to check my email. Scrolling through the countless number of junk messages, I opened a J. Crew email titled West Coast Blues. To my delight, the model featured in the advertisement sported an outfit rather similar to my own. Fittingly, I figured that the title of the email seemed perfect for this blog post. 

P.P.S I'm off to New York City tomorrow! Can't wait to document the adventures. ;)

Notes on the outfit-
Denim Jacket- J. Crew
White Shirt- Abercrombie and Fitch
Scarf- Boutique Scarf
Purse- Dooney and Bourke
Shoes- J. Crew


No comments:

Post a Comment