Friday 6 July 2012

Collar

Lovelies,


Forever 21 Dress, J. Crew Belt, Henri Bendel Bracelet.

J. Crew Cardigan.

Forever 21 Collar.

Dooney and Bourke Purse, Sam Edelman Flats.



The next stop on our vacation was Vienna, Austria. I didn't know what to expect Vienna to be like, except I knew that the pastries would be scrumptious (I love that word). I was completely surprised to waltz into a city filled with absolutely spectacular buildings, gardens, and landscape very similar to Paris. Although the weather was hot and muggy, it was easy to escape by visiting the numerous art museums Vienna had to offer. These photos were taken outside the Kunsthistorisches Museum. Although the museum's grandeur was quite impressive, I have to say my favorite art museum was a tie between the Sucession Building (The museum that houses Gustav Klimt's Beethovenfries Mural), or the Belvedere, which houses Klimt's The Kiss. I wasn't necessarily a big fan of Klimt's art beforehand, but after my visit to Austria, I definitely have a more respect for his work.

My outfit was inspired by the oh-so famous 2012 Louis Vuitton S/S show, which featured a sugary sweet combination of pastels, feathers and metallics. (I previously posted some pictures of a few looks  in my window shopping post!)  Lately, I've been really infatuated with the entire collar trend, as it's incredibly impractical but extremely stylish. I bought one at Forever 21, just to join the pack and experiment with the versatility of the piece. Surprisingly, the collar has been one of the best bargains I have ever found (In case you're wondering, it was only $7. (: On the same trip, I purchased the creme dress. I bought the mint cardigan from J. Crew before I traveled to New York back in April, as well as the Sam Edelman flats. I purchased my bracelet from the flagship Henri Bendel store in NYC. I promise, if I end up going to college in the city, I'm going to find myself broke from spending too much time in 712 5th avenue. :)

XOXO,

Em

No comments:

Post a Comment