Monday 30 July 2012

Viva Italia!

Lovelies,





It's been almost a month since these photos were taken in Florence! After being back for a while, looking at these photos makes me wistful. The lazy days spent by the pool and strolling around the city with my friend Michael sound like heaven, especially with school starting in less than a month... 0.O By the time we got to Florence, I was exhausted and began to lose appreciation for some of the museums we visited (I refer to this point as the 'wall', since my brain can't seem to absorb ANY information beyond this point without sleeping for at least two days straight). However, just being in Italy and experiencing the culture was enjoyable in itself. Plus, one of my favorite foods is pasta...sooo....everything worked out nicely. ;)

One of the most shocking things I saw on the trip was the amount of knockoff designer 'shops' scattered among the streets, squares and museums. According to one of my guides, these vendors are technically illegal because they lack a 'merchant permit' that allows them to sell their goods. Personally, I think knockoffs are a poor alternative to the designer purses, as the quality and craftsmanship simply does not touch the real thing.

As for my outfit, I'm wearing a Forever 21 blouse, Zara Shorts, J. Crew Hat and pin, Franco Sarto sandals and my Dooney. I absolutely LOVE this pair of Zara shorts, as the material stands apart from anything in my closet. Plus, the blue is so striking; it's become a great accent piece in my closet.


XOXO,

Em



No comments:

Post a Comment