Saturday 14 July 2012

Venezia

Lovelies,


Franco Sarto Sandals, Oroton Purse, ZARA shorts.

J. Crew Shirt, Henri Bendel Headband.


Henri Bendel bracelet.




To preface this post, I should not have worn these shorts in Italy. Period.  It was brutally hot the day I shot this look. Naturally, I thought wearing shorts would be an appropriate thing to do....but I was wrong. I completely forgot about the dress code Italian churches follow. You could say it was embarassing in the slightest to have an old Italian man yelling at me to "Leave ze church!" and waving his arms around while muttering some unrecognizable Italian I didn't understand. Churches- 1, Emily- 0.

Anyways, apart from that awkward situation, I loved Venice. L-O-V-E-D. I will be posting some pictures of the city itself, and go into more depth in my next post...but in short, it was easily my favorite city we visited on our trip. From an outsiders perspective, it seems touristy, gross...frankly, all around unpleasant. Stay a night or two, however, and you'll see a side of Venice you've only heard about in books and seen in movies. The city empties, leaving the streets and mysterious canals to you. It's an extremely romantic place filled with absolutely wonderful residents (There's only 60,000 people that live in the city, while it attracts 20 million people a year...thats around 55,000 people a day!!).

Some of my favorite attractions included the water taxis, the Peggy Guggenheim Museum and night strolls along the canal pathways. If you plan on visiting Venice anytime soon, I would highly recommend traveling by water taxi instead of the Vaporetto (Large boat that mimics the Subway system in New York). Although water taxis are expensive ($50 a pop), they're beautiful, classy and stylish and not crammed with people. Additionally, by request, the driver can take you through some canals and extend your time on the boat.  Gondola rides are a must, although boarding one during the day can be hot and uncomfortable. We decided to wait until nightime....it was well worth the wait. :)

I think this was one of my favorite looks I pieced together for our trip. I'm wearing a J. Crew striped tee, Zara lace shorts, Franco Sarto Sandals, Henri Bendel bracelet/headband and my Oroton purse. The severity of my underwhelming collection of purses prompted me to pick up a Longchamp 'Le Pliage' long handle tote in navy....I've been using it every single day. In short, a new purse was long overdue.

XOXO,

Em

No comments:

Post a Comment